30/10/10 – 31/10/10 – Monday Arvo. Version......
Right well the situation is a fluid one, and will change as the week goes on; so this is an interim outlook which will change / develop. As it stands at the moment a big Low of 966 millibars will track across the Atlantic late into the week bring tons of swell with it. By Saturday the Low will have moved North East up the North West Scottish Coast and towards Iceland, still at about 970 millibars. It will remain in situ on Sunday, as a Mid-Atlantic and a Russian High start to squeeze it from either side. stay tuned for further updates, as things may change as the week goes on…………
Fun and clean in Scotland, several places will be ok. But for the South West and Wales it’ll be a lot bigger, hiding from the winds will be key to get anything clean. Your local knowledge and some map use will pay dividends. But with such a deep Low and there being so much movement this early in the week, expect things to change as the week goes on. Stay tuned for further updates, as things will undoubtedly develop as the week goes on…………
BEGINNERS / IMPROVERS
A big weekend in the South West make sure you head for sheltered spots from the winds. If it’s too big, don’t get into any dodgy situations especially with the closing in nights – BST ends this weekend, so it’ll get dark sooner on Sunday etc. Stay tuned for further updates, as things may change as the week goes on…………
Choose your location and click on it.......
It should be remembered:
- Regardless of the Weekend Outlook if there is surf, you should be out there to improve
your surfing ability
- so unless it’s flat, just ignore it(!) and go surfing.
- The Weekend Outlook is aimed at those who are competent at paddling out in 6ft plus
surf and looking for perfect conditions.
- This is a SURF report, we care about the waves, as to whether it is sunny, rainy,
snowy or hailing is incidental, and neither here nor there as far as we are concerned.
- Also note that this is always written for midday, so there may be variances during
the AM and PM.
- Wave Heights are written in what you are actually taking in the face / duck diving,
we are not into macho bs of measuring the wave from the back, this is the real thing,
what you drop and ride = simple.
- 6ftOffshore provides this information with a full disclaimer, surfing is an inherently
dangerous sport. You surf at your own risk, we are not even remotely responsible
for any injury or death on your part or any third party. If you are ever worried
or concerned by the surf you see, don’t go in!
- © Crown Copyright and/or database rights. Reproduced by permission of the Controller
of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office and the UK Hydrographic Office (www.ukho.gov.uk)
- All information enclosed is covered under copyright and unauthorised distribution
or reuse is prohibited. We consider plagiarism a viable revenue channel and will
issue writs, to individuals in the event our data is used. Having said that we are
happy to discuss the use of our data to third parties, so feel free to contact us!
- Email: info@6ftOffshore.com