15/01/11 – 16/01/11 – Thursday Arvo Version......
A deep North Western Atlantic Low 960 millibars South of Iceland will bombard us with swell and winds on saturday. by Sunday the Low will have filled slightly to 976 millibars as it tracks East into the Northern North Sea. The High pressure will be over Central Europe at 1028 millibars, which will accentuate the strength of the winds. The depth of the Low and it's rapid movements will make everything slightly fluid, and winds will consequently variable at various periods. Make sure you read your individual areas to make the most of what there is………..
Well a few Welsh, Devon and Kernow spots will be okay at certain times throughout the weekend. Overall our call would be some South Coast day tripping fun to be sure of getting something for all.
BEGINNERS / IMPROVERS
Time to do some proper South Coast hunting, and explore………the usual places will have swell. But the key will be using your knowledge / a map to figure out where the most sheltered spots from the wind are that will get enough swell - have fun wherever you go…….!
Choose your location and click on it.......
It should be remembered:
- Regardless of the Weekend Outlook if there is surf, you should be out there to improve
your surfing ability
- so unless it’s flat, just ignore it(!) and go surfing.
- The Weekend Outlook is aimed at those who are competent at paddling out in 6ft plus
surf and looking for perfect conditions.
- This is a SURF report, we care about the waves, as to whether it is sunny, rainy,
snowy or hailing is incidental, and neither here nor there as far as we are concerned.
- Also note that this is always written for midday, so there may be variances during
the AM and PM.
- Wave Heights are written in what you are actually taking in the face / duck diving,
we are not into macho bs of measuring the wave from the back, this is the real thing,
what you drop and ride = simple.
- 6ftOffshore provides this information with a full disclaimer, surfing is an inherently
dangerous sport. You surf at your own risk, we are not even remotely responsible
for any injury or death on your part or any third party. If you are ever worried
or concerned by the surf you see, don’t go in!
- © Crown Copyright and/or database rights. Reproduced by permission of the Controller
of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office and the UK Hydrographic Office (www.ukho.gov.uk)
- All information enclosed is covered under copyright and unauthorised distribution
or reuse is prohibited. We consider plagiarism a viable revenue channel and will
issue writs, to individuals in the event our data is used. Having said that we are
happy to discuss the use of our data to third parties, so feel free to contact us!
- Email: info@6ftOffshore.com